E-mail: email@example.com / web site: www.oncallpr.com
Award Winning Public Relations, Branding, and Marketing Communications Professional. Development of campaigns across platforms including traditional and social media. Development of collateral materials with WordPress and Wix; Publisher; Constant Contact, bulk direct mail; and for the web. Internet and social (new) media savvy. Microsoft Office Suite, all programs. Liaison with vendors, clients, community and community event representative.
SUMMARY OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- All facets of public relations operations and activities. Numerous awards and speaking engagements. Founder/Director of the South Florida Public Relations Network (sfprn.com).
- Extensive experience with integration of WordPress; LinkedIn; Facebook; Twitter; Yahoo; Google; YouTube, etc. for online SEO/SEM and web optimization presence.
- Use of layout and design programs and desktop publishing software to develop newsletters, brochures, annual reports, web sites, written communications and social media programs. Entire suite of Microsoft Office. Database management, social media programs, and direct email campaigns.
- Extensive published articles in trade, regional, and national press, and with local and national TV and radio.
- Development of effective branding across platforms and paid media placements, all platforms including TV, radio, billboard, traditional and online ads, etc.
PR and Marketing Communications Director (Dec. 2000 to present) — Marketing communications activities include development of web sites, marketing plans, brochures, direct mail materials, press releases and other PR-related activities for various companies and professionals, including agencies, event production companies, health care and not-for-profit. Clients have included entertainment production companies: Chinese Lantern Festival; ME Productions; PTT of Florida; Lauderhill Regional Chamber of Commerce, and many others (see web site). SEO/SEM activities on behalf of clients. Worked both as in-house staff and as freelance.
Marketing Instructor & Public Relations Tutor
Tutor for users in WordPress and Wix; Constant Contact; MailChimp and similar programs for distribution of press releases, creation of web sites, social media, etc. Assist with development of resumes, cover letters and job search techniques. Guest lecturer at campuses and events; Instructed university classes in Marketing; Sales; Advertising; Social Media for Marketing and related for over 12 years at South Florida campuses.
Public Relations Director — PTT of Florida, Professional Theatrical Technicians, Davie (3 years) — All marketing communications activities for backstage event staffing firm that works with large arenas and live events. Developed web sites and all content, marketing plans, brochures, direct mail materials, press releases and other PR-related activities. Extensive use of Constant Contact and founder/moderator of the Florida Riggers and Stagehands Group across social media platforms.
Editor — E-Z Legal, Inc./Made E-Z Products, Deerfield Beach, FL (2 years)
Editor of books, manuals, and forms for self-help, legal, SOHO, and entertainment products. Desktop publishing and copywriting of ads, special sections and promotional materials.
Communications Manager — Multiple Sclerosis Foundation, Fort Lauderdale, FL (7 years) All communications for national, non-profit organization. Including: brochures, press releases, newsletters, annual reports, correspondence and grant packages. Implemented in-house library, volunteer program and liaison to board of directors, advisors, and medical researchers. Use of on-line services to raise funds and awareness about MS and the MSF. Management of special projects and events, Staff oversight. Media contact and crisis communications management.
M.P.A., Public Administration — Florida Atlantic University, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Minor: Urban and Regional Planning
Graduate Assistant and Pi Alpha Alpha Honorary Society, the National Honor Society for Public Affairs and Administrators. Tuition scholarship and salary.
M.A., Public Relations — Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
Minor: Marketing and Advertising
Graduate Office Scholarship Recipient
B.A., Communications/Journalism — University of Denver, Colorado
Desktop Design — Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, FL
Certificate, Government and Foundation Funding and Grantwriting — Nova University, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Create web sites and pages with Wordpess; Integrate LinkedIn; Facebook; Twitter, etc. for optimizing SEO/SEM across all platforms
- News writing and reporting, freelance activities for a variety of clients
- Staff oversight, special events planning, and public speaking
- Business writer of press releases, magazine articles; emails for client contact; Constant Contact and other direct email programs and design of all elements.
- Article placements… very extensive.
- Founder, South Florida Public Relations Network & Public Relations Daily Digest for Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties
- 2017 Best Holiday Billboard Campaign conceptualization with OutFront Media for the Chinese Lantern Festival
- 2016 Letters of Commendation for Public Service Florida House of Representatives Lori Berman (District 90) and Representative Bill Hager (District 89) for public relations, advocacy and mentoring
- 2016 Women in Communications, South Florida Chapter Honoree
- 2015 “PR PROfile” Bulldog Reporter Recognition
- 2013 “Unsung Hero,” Sun Sentinel
- 2008 PR News Best/Worst PR Advice Guidebook (2 entries)
- All Experts, public relations career advisor (2008 – 2017)
- Creative PR Olympics Merit Award, Women in Communications (2007)
- Finalist, Event Solutions Marketing Professional of the Year Spotlight Awards (2006)
- Communications Briefings, “Top Tips”
- University Career Development Adviser
- Additional addendum available upon request for earlier recognitions
Speaking Engagements & Activities Summary
- The resume workshops
- Media Job Fairs sponsored by Society of Professional Journalists, presenter
- Journalists in Transition speaker
- Recurring speaker, Florida Scholastic Press Association District Conference (2006-2016)
- “Forging the Future” conference hosted by Society of Professional Journalists Florida Region 3, the South Florida chapter of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists, and the South Florida Black Journalists Association (2015)
- Barry Epstein Talk Show, 2015 Video (https://youtu.be/_fXtyV35Lcc)
- Small Business Expo Miami, “PR Cheat Sheet: Get Tips Not Tricks for Publicity,” 2014
- Broward County Crime Commission “Building Bridges” Mental Health Symposium for Enhanced Agency Communications & Awareness,” Opening Remarks, 2013
- National Black Public Relations Society (BPRS), South Florida, “Is Your Resume Linking You In?,” 2013
- Small Business Expo, Presenter of PR Workshop 2013, Miami Convention Center
- Social Media Miami: WordPress for Communicators and Business, 2012
- Speaker, Women of Tomorrow program at Nova High School (2017, 2008)
- Speaker, BizBash Funshops Fort Lauderdale and Miami (2006)
- Speaker at Events Expo, Orlando (2003)
- University Campus Guest Speaker
Current and Recent Client List and Activities Includes:
- Chinese Lantern Festival
- Rabideau Law, Palm Beach real estate firm
- FITCE – the Florida International Trade and Cultural Expo
- PTT of Florida (Professional Theatrical Technicians)
- Lauderhill Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Hair by Nellie
- Unique Productions and Unique Bahamas
- South Florida Public Relations Network
- The promotion of various live events
References on Request